Office CCXD is urgently looking for an architect to take the lead in designing and detailing a private residential project in Belgium.
CCXD (Context/Concept/Exploration/Development) is a Rotterdam based practice operating on the crossroad of architecture, design and the visual arts. Led by Cédric Van Parys, the practice is defined by a radical conceptual approach to translate research into spaces, exhibitions, stages, artworks and installations.
When developing architecture projects, CCXD collaborates with local parties to form a complementary team of professionals. In this context we are looking for an architect capable defining the design concept further, take lead of the detailed design process and manage the communication with the other project partners.
The individual should be a creative thinker with a strong personality, independent, interested to integrate him/herself in a small—sometime chaotic—office environment, is able to grasp concepts quickly, has excellent technical knowledge, an eye for detail and a flexible attitude. Construction/building experience is certainly an advantage. You should have the ability to work as a freelancer. You are dedicated and flexible to work both within CCXD’s studio space in Rotterdam and independently.
You will have space for developing and implementing you own personal interests during the project. And if things go well, seeing it through until completion.
Requirements for this position include:
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- Interest in residential architecture.
- Excellent technical knowledge.
- Experience with building and building sites.
- Independent, creative and assertive.
- Strong design skills
- Owns the communication skills to represent the office
- Strong Sketch-up skills (able to quickly test ideas and extract the model to presentation drawings and images)
- Strong knowledge of Autocad / Revit / Adobe / Archicad etc. (Whatever program you prefer)
- Fluently in English & Dutch
- As it concerns a project in Belgium, knowledge of the Belgian context and regulations is a plus.
- A desire to work in a small team.
- Must have a valid EU working permit
- Ability to work as a freelancer.
If interested , please share with us:
- Portfolio: Please select max 5 projects.
- CV with relevant experience.
- A motivation letter is NOT needed. I would like to ask you to briefly answer the following two questions:
*What is your passion ?
*What are you really good at ?
Please send all documents to: email@example.com, to the attention of Cédric Van Parys. No issue, or google drive/ dropbox links please.